e io ho la Emperor sui tom-timpano
Il saggio johnny89 ha scritto:[...] il culo è importante anzi fondamentale, le tette sono un diversivo eccitante

artemusica ha scritto:La Powerstroke®3 è caratterizzata da una piccola inclinazione verso il bordo che permette di eliminare i "tratti" sporchi del suono. Questo gioco genera un equilibrio quasi perfetto tra controllo di tono e risposta che ha fatto rapidamente di Powerstroke 3 una delle pelli migliori di Remo.
Vintage Drum Center ha scritto:Single-ply with underlay ring at the outer edge creates a near-perfect balance of response and tone control. For all drumming styles and situations.
Sytubs ha scritto:My studio-x did sound pretty good in a number of ways. They were warm, punchy and so on. They work a bit better, IMO on wood like birch and oak that tend to be brighter to begin with.
All in all, they did reduce my effort and damp too much. They were great for a studio/80's sound, but other drumheads gave me the depth I am after without being as thuddy.
A couple years ago I got a custom kit, 8-ply Keller maple shells, sharp double 45 edges, 2.3mm hoops, pretty standard (except the sizes - 8x12, 13x15, 16x18, 17x22 kick, 7x14 snare). But I've never been happy with the sound. The coated Emperors over clear Ambassadors sounded very dead, and I had some buyers remorse.
...
Toms - Clear Studio-X (over clear Ambassadors)
...
The Studio-X had a bit warmer attack, more sustain, and a lot fewer overtones. The muffling ring did seem to shorten the sustain of the drum a bit, but once again, when close miked it would be great for recording.
...
Closing Thoughts
I was very impressed with these heads on toms. While I would prefer a bit less muffling (maybe 1/2 to 2/3 as much), once the head is close miked, they will be perfect. As the name implies, they are meant for the studio, so they will sound a little deader in the room than on tape. But, they have a wonderful controlled sound to them and the single ply really opened up these drums.
...
The other thing these heads did was give me a better impression of Aquarian. They seem a bit warmer and quieter than Remo, which I already find a bit warmer and quieter than Evans.
...
The two groups of people I would recommend these heads to are inexperienced tuners and studio drummers. The muffling ring not only controls the overtones, it makes the overtones a lot more even. Between that and the collar design, these are by far the easiest heads to tune I've used. You don't have to be 100% with your pitches across the head to get an even tone. And for studio drummers, the controlled overtones and warm head should give you a great tom sound without as much gating, compression, and EQ'ing (not to mention duct tape, tissues, moongel, etc).

Confraternita Delle Casse Libere 

Visitano il forum: Nessuno e 7 ospiti