Svelato il mistero!Dal forum di drummerworld:
"My Sonor drums that I've used in the Europe for the last 3 years are Designer Maple shells.
8x8, 10x8, 12x9, and floor toms 14x12, 16x14 and a 22x17 bass drum in Earth finish.
Heads in the studio and live are coated emperors on the tops of the toms and either clear ambassadors on the bottoms or coated diplomats on the bottoms.
In the studio I would use a coated pinstripe or a CS Dot on the snare top. Live I use an EmperorX - it’s a bit heavy but the only one that will see me through the whole show without pitting too badly. Probably I can use the EmperorX for 2-3 shows maximum before I have to change it.
The bass drum has a powerstroke 3 clear on it and inside the drum it's about a 1/3 full of heavy pillows. Yep I like a dead bass drum. I noticed that live it's really hard to get a good punchy bass drum to come through a PA unless it's really dead, because most venue PA's will extend the note of the kick making it really un-usefully long. In fact PT's sound engineer gates the length of the bass drum to make it really short. Sometimes I ask him to turn the gate off and suddenly it sounds like an 808 sample with long sustain.
Also the bass drum is MUCH easier to play a double pedal on when it’s got a pillow pressed up against it. Acoustically it’s a bit of a 80’s Jeff Porcaro sound but when it’s amplified it sounds good to me.
The only strange thing I do with a snare drum is I normally put 12 strand puresound snares on it - but I cut down the outside strands so there’s just 8 left in the middle. It sounds better and feels better to play - just my preference.
For the last couple of tours I used the Sonor black steel 14x5 snare and it was consistently good in different rooms. I normally carry a few other snares but this one just sounded great so I used it every night."
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/show ... 698&page=3 